The Gîte des Silves is located near the GR 6 which connects the Gironde (South-West of France) to Saint-Paul-sur-Ubaye (close to the Italian border). From the house, the GR 6 goes to the Col de Bernardez (2.304 m) on one side, and to the village of Selonnet on the other side. Outside this major hiking track, there are many othet marked trails (PR). The Gîte des Silves is therefore an ideal accommodation for hiking. Among the possible hikes:
* The Col Bas (2.113 m), the lakes of Col Bas & the Pic de Saverne (2.344 m).
* The Pic de Bernardez (2.430 m).
* The « Cabane du serpent » (mountain hut).
* The « Tourtourel Tour » via the « Cabane des Mulets » (shepherd’s hut).
* Seyne-les-Alpes, Haut Chardavon & Chabanon (several villages/hamlets in the valley).
* « Fort Dormillouse » (ancient military fortress on top the mountain) (2.505 m).
IGN maps are available in the cottage. Being a mountain leader, I would be pleased to guide you through the most beautiful places of our region. Please visit my website and Facebook page for more information & ideas.